Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Japanese Knot Bag/Eine japanische Knotentasche

I found a nice vintage fabric in my stash recently, and decided to sew one of those Japanese knot bags out of it.



For the lining, I used a scrap piece of striped cotton fabric, which had been in my stash for ages at well.

I'm quite pleased with how it looks, but as the vintage fabric I used is rather heavy, I think I'm going to make the long strap a bit more narrow so that it will be laying smoother on my shoulder.



I would also like to make another one, lengthening the strap to reach diagonally over the chest and using a medium weight cotton fabric instead.

If you would like to sew a knot bag yourself, the pattern I found when googling about it is here - the explications are in German, but with clear pictures and a scale pattern. You'll find a smaller 'handbag' version with instructions in English here.

(German summary: So, jetzt habe ich mir auch eine japanische Knotentasche genäht - ein genial einfacher Schnitt, geringer Stoffverbrauch - man könnte auch Reste zusammennähen - und sehr praktisch!)

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Ich liebe die Knotentaschen - meine begleiten mich ständig!

LG Gwen

Elizabeth said...

You did a great job!!!!

my verification word: hable

Isn't that spanish for talk?
If I remember this correctly, maybe it is time we hang out together again.

Have a lovely sunday evening.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Danke für Deinen Kommentar, liebe Gwen!

Happy to see you around, dear Elizabeth - I'll come back to you with a personal mail within short!

Frauke-Filz.de said...

Oh, schöön! Auch der Stoff! Hast du das auch schon in Filz probiert? Kommt gleich in mein Skizzenbuch, das muss doch auch gehen!?
LG,
Frauke

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hallo Frauke! Nein, ich habe es noch nicht in Filz ausprobiert, aber das geht sicher blendend :-)!

Ich glaube, ich hab's allerdings irgendwo als Strickfilzvariante gesehen ...!

Egbert said...

A Japanese Knot Bag/Eine japanische Knotentasche ... surfacetasche.blogspot.de